Who we work with
The events life inevitably throws at you will affect your financial future.
Some of these events will be positive, others will negatively impact your finances if you don’t take action. Either way, we’ll be by your side to guide you through both the emotional and financial consequences.
Examples of events we help you through include:
Redundancy: Losing your job can be a worrying time. It can also lead to exciting new opportunities. Initially, we’ll help you understand the financial implications of being made redundant and advise you on any changes you need to make to your existing financial arrangements. When you find a new role, we’ll help you to understand the impact it will have on your longer-term financial plans.
Divorce or separation: We know how stressful divorce or separation can be. We’ll work sensitively to help you understand the implications for both your short and long term financial future. If assets, such as a pension, property or investments are transferred to you as part of a settlement, we’ll help you understand the effect these will have on your financial future. Conversely, if you have transferred such assets to your former partner as part of the settlement, we’ll help you rebuild your finances.
Bereavement: If you have been recently bereaved, the emotional turmoil may be compounded concerns about money. To begin with we’ll help you understand and organise your finances. Those simple acts are often enough to create much-needed peace of mind. When you’re ready, we’ll help you look towards the future and create a financial plan so you can live without financial worries or concerns.
The sale of a business: If you’re thinking of selling your business, we’ll be with you every step of the way. First, we’ll help you understand how much you need to sell the business for to achieve your desired financial future. Next, we’ll make sure the business is sold as tax-efficiently as possible, allowing you to keep as large a proportion of the proceeds as possible. And, finally, when the sale goes through, we’ll build a financial plan which allows you to move onto the next phase of your life.
Retirement: Over the years we’ve helped many people retire successfully. We’ll start by understanding what you want to achieve in retirement plus the income and capital you will need to achieve your aspirations. Then, we’ll build a plan that allows you to achieve everything in the next phase of your life that you want to.
Here’s what we do:
- We take time to understand the new financial challenges you have because of recent events. We also want to know more about your aspirations, objectives and desired future lifestyle. Therefore, our first meeting is all about you, not your money.
- We review your investments to ensure they are held as tax-efficiently as possible and in accordance with your preferred level of risk.
- We identify tax-efficient solutions that increase your disposable income and ensure that more of your money is being put towards achieving your objectives.
- We help you plan for the capital requirements of your children, whether that’s supporting them with the cost of university or helping them get onto the property ladder.
- We put a plan in place to protect your family in the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as illness or death.
Working with us will equip you with confidence and peace of mind. Not only will you feel more informed about your current financial situation, but your family’s needs and your aspirations for the future will be secured and catered for in your thorough, step-by-step financial plan.