The planning process
Our financial planning process is focused on you and your desired future lifestyle; only once we know your aspirations and objectives can we put a plan in place to achieve them.
We follow a six-stage planning process, which is normally followed by our ongoing review service. Therefore, should your situation, needs or objectives change, we’ll be on hand to get you back on track.
1. Initial meeting
- We offer our prospective clients an initial meeting at our expense. The purpose of this meeting is to help you make an informed decision about whether we are the right adviser for you.
- We will take time to get to know you, your financial challenges and your long-term objectives.
- We will explain our services, answer any questions and outline our charges so that you are clear about our fees.
- If you decide to engage our services, we will then complete our client agreement and start gathering all the personal information we need.
- During the discovery stage we will collect all the information we need to carry out a comprehensive analysis of your current financial situation.
- This information will be used to identify any shortfalls and immediate priorities for action. It will also help us create your personal cashflow forecast, calculate net wealth and formulate our recommendations.
- At this stage we will also assess the performance of your existing investment and pension portfolios, ensuring the money you have already set aside is working hard for you. We will also assess the risk profile of your current portfolios to ensure they are aligned with your personal preferences.
3. Research and recommendations
- During this stage we will create a cashflow forecast and balance sheet so that you have a clear picture of your current financial position. We will also provide specific recommendations to help you achieve the objectives you’ve identified.
- We will create a recommended investment portfolio tailored to your objectives and tolerance for risk.
- We will also complete an assessment of the tax-efficiency of your existing arrangements, with suggestions on how to improve them, using simple planning strategies and available allowances.
4. Present recommendations
- Once our research and recommendations have been finalised, we will meet with you to talk you through your financial plan and cashflow forecast. We will explain how our recommendations have been designed to make your financial objectives a reality.
- This will also be an opportunity for you to ask any questions. We will ensure you fully understand your plan before we begin implementation.
- Only when you are 100 percent happy with our recommendations will we proceed to the next stage.
- Leave the rest to us. We make the implementation stage as easy as possible for you by submitting all applications and paperwork to the relevant providers on your behalf. We carefully track the progress of each application and keep you informed throughout.
- We will check (and double check) that your instructions have been implemented accurately and that all the documentation received and sent is correct.
- If necessary, we’ll happily collaborate with any professional advisers such as your solicitor, lawyer or accountant.
6. Ongoing review service
- Ensuring that everything stays on track is every bit as important as the initial advice and recommendations we make.
- We will schedule regular financial planning reviews with you to assess the progress made towards your objectives. If necessary, we’ll make adjustments to reflect any changes in your situation, needs or objectives.
- The nature and frequency of these reviews will depend on your personal needs and the level of complexity of your individual situation.