How our relationship grows together
1 – The initial meeting
- The purpose of this meeting is to help you make an informed decision about whether we are the right adviser for you.
- We take some time to find out about you, the issues you want to address and your long term goals to establish whether we can help.
- We will explain our services, answer any questions and outline our charges so that you are clear about our fees.
- If you decide to engage our services, we will then complete our client agreement and start gathering all the personal information we need.
2 – Factfind/discovery
- During the factfinding stage we explore your situation and goals in more detail and collect all the information we need to carry out an in depth analysis of your current financial situation.
- This information will be used to identify any shortfalls and immediate priorities for action. It will also help us to create your personal cashflow forecast, calculate net wealth and formulate our recommendations.
- We will also establish your attitude to risk and ask you to complete letters of authority so that we can get accurate information about any current investments and other financial products you have in place.
3 – Research and recommendations
- During this stage, we create your personal cashflow forecast and balance sheet so that you have a clear picture of your current and likely long term financial position.
- We will also provide specific recommendations to help you achieve the goals and objectives you’ve defined.
- We research the financial services market to identify suitable solutions.
- We create a recommended investment portfolio tailored to your goals and tolerance for risk, taking any existing arrangements or assets into account.
- As you can appreciate, with the work involved, this stage can take a number of weeks.
4 – Present recommendations
- Once our research and recommendations have been finalised we will meet with you to talk you through your financial plan and cashflow forecast and explain our recommendations about how to achieve your financial goals.
- This is also an opportunity for you to ask any questions so that you understand exactly what we are recommending, and why.
- Only when you are 100% happy with our recommendations, will we proceed to the next stage, which is to implement them.
5 – Implementation
- More form filling but wherever possible we will complete as much of the paperwork as we can on your behalf. Often, all you will need to do is sign the forms, but unfortunately, where your medical history is involved, we have to leave those questions to you.
- We will submit any applications and paperwork to the relevant providers and track the progress of each application regularly and keep you informed throughout.
- We will also check that your instructions have been implemented accurately and that all the documentation received is correct.
6 – Ongoing review service
- Making sure that everything stays on track is every bit as important as the initial advice and recommendations we make.
- We will schedule regular financial planning reviews with you so that we can review the progress towards your objectives and if necessary, make adjustments to reflect any changes in your circumstances, goals, legislation or markets.
- The nature and frequency of these reviews will be dependent upon your personal needs and the level of complexity of your individual situation.